Saturday, April 23, 2011

cadbury eggs

Although i'm just thankful to celebrate Eeaster with Jesus, some Easter treats are pretty yummy, too. Here's the recipe I kind of used to make Cadbury eggs: http://www.food.com/recipe/cadbury-cream-eggs-20733.

The changes I made, though, are using turmeric for yellow coloring, rather than food dye. It doesn't take much, but the older the turmeric is, the less flavor it'll have. I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips since they're milk and soy free. Oh, and I used dairy and soy free Earth Balance rather than butter, and you could use Earth Balance or coconut or palm oil instead of soy shortening. The most challenging part of the process is shaping the eggs. Mine turned out more like fried eggs. Here's what I'll try next time. I'll refrigerate the frosting like the recipe says. I'll also freeze the pan I'm going to put the eggs on. It works best to wash hands between eggs since the eggs stick to me and won't roll well if I have frosting on my hands. Laying parchment paper on the pan would make them easier to peel off. Then freeze the eggs instead of refrigerating them before dipping them in chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment